Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Green Thumb

There is almost nothing more satisfying then eating fresh food from the garden you planted.  But not all of us have the luxury of luscious gardens at our homes. Do not fear terracotta is here! I'm talking about potted gardens, not just for roof tops anymore.  I have created a very large pot garden right on my deck this year. Ive used lots of clay pots but some plastic ones too. I have also found objects to reuse as fllower pots as well. I am using old drawers that work great for my squash plant and some large leafy plants like kale and parsley.  I also have old chicken feed holders turned into huge flower boxes that work beautifuly. There are also a few tea cups and mason jars which are great for herbs. Think outside the box when looking for pots for your veggie garden. It is so beautiful and very simple! There are so many fruits and veggies that thrive in pots, as long as there is good sunlight and they stay watered.  I am growing multiple types of kale's and lettuces', broccoli, and beets.  Also strawberries, tomatoes and squash. Not to mention lots of culinary and medicinal flowers and herbs! Just another simple joy to add to your day. Plant something!

No comments:

Post a Comment